Beach shuttles to begin running

Once a month, the University of Miami will supply students with transportation to Crandon Park.

The HurryCane Shuttles will take students to and from the beach. These buses will leave Stanford Circle every half hour from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

They will drop students off at the parking lot adjacent to the main office building at Crandon Park.

This transportation is completely free while driving to Crandon individually requires a toll charge and a $5 parking fee at the park.

This project was a joint effort between UM Student Government and parking and transportation, specifically Richard Sobaram, the director of parking and transportation services.

Shuttles to Crandon Park have been tried before at UM, according to Moise. A few years ago, they ran on a weekly basis but there was not much student participation.

However, now freshman do not have cars and this shuttle will run only once a month, making Moise think they will be more participation.

“RAs who want to take their floors to the beach and organizations that have beach parties like the Yellow Rose Society do not have to get in cars and drive,” Moise said. “They can use our services for free.”

Moise is still working on developing a shuttle to Miracle Mile. Currently, he is discussing the idea with business owners in Miracle Mile and the City of Coral Gables.

Shuttles to Crandon Park was one of Moise’s campaign promises.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...