Brooke Hogan offers tips for academic success

Brooke Knows Best reality star and musician Brooke Hogan, also known as retired wrestler Hulk Hogan’s daughter, talked to The Miami Hurricane about her love of tanning and the keys to success in college after signing some autographs for Canefest attendees.

The Miami Hurricane: What was it like performing at Canefest?

Brooke Hogan: By far the most relaxed setting I’ve ever been in. Probably one of my favorite performances because it was cool to perform around people my age.

TMH: So what’s your favorite thing to do in South Florida?
Hogan: Well, I think that everybody likes to tan. I love going to SoBe Live, the sax club, and I just like working out at Crunch all the time. That’s my thing. Tanning and working out, and maybe writing music and going in the studio.

TMH: Where’s your favorite place to go out in Miami?
Hogan: I know it sounds really crazy because it’s not a shameless plug, but I love going to SoBe Live. It’s every night. I think I like going there because it’s comfortable and we’re taken care of there and it’s not like being in a strange place. I’m a homebody. I hate Mansion, and you can quote that.

TMH: Any tips to success for the new students?
Hogan: Make sure that you go and hit the college beer bar as much as possible because it helps studying. Studies show that what you study drunk stays locked in.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...