Basketball

Men’s basketball schedule released

The men’s basketball team, under sixth-year head coach Frank Haith, unveiled its 2009-2010 schedule. 

Miami will host  Atlatic Coast Conference foes Wake Forest and Duke. They will travel to the Dean Dome to take on the defending national champions, the North Carolina Tar Heels on Mar. 2.

Miami faces Minnesota in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Dec. 2 at the BankUnited Center.

Last year, the Hurricanes were 19-13 (7-9) and lost to the Univeristy of Florida in the second round of the NIT. UM will have to replace two-time first team All-ACC guard Jack McClinton who was drafted in the second round by the San Antonio Spurs. Haith brings in another stellar top-25 recruiting class headlined by guard Durand Scott and forward Donnavan Kirk.

For the complete schedule log on to Hurricanesports.com

Justin Antweil

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...