Football

Backup QBs Cook and Smith intend to transfer

ESPN and The Miami Herald are reporting that two University of Miami backup quarterbacks – redshirt freshman Taylor Cook and sophomore Cannon Smith – will be transferring.

This means that starting quarterback Jacory Harris and freshman A.J. Highsmith are the only scholarship QBs remaining on the roster.

Stay tuned to themiamihurricane.com for further updates and information.

Anna Timmons

Editor In Chief

4 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Backup QBs Cook and Smith intend to transfer”

1. Bori-Cane says:

The kids just realized that they were’nt measuring up. The day that the crazies run the asylum will be the day we have to worry. Go Randy! Go Canes! A.J. buckle down!

2. eddie says:

@ shawn It just means they thought they didn’t have a chance to start as long as jacory is here because of how much better he is than them. That is a good thing. It shows we are back on the path to domination. Although, We are up a creek if he gets hurt

3. John Hott says:

Shawn, it merely means that the players are leaving. They come in as stars and expect to start. Sometimes they get bad breaks, but usually they just aren’t as good as the starter so they get frustrated and transfer. It’s nothing new in the world of college football. Give Shannon some time. He may just be too tough for these kids.

4. shawn vining says:

When is Randy Shannon going to transfer away from Miami. These defections are an indication that players don’t feel confident in his style of coaching.