UM wins Budgetball Tournament in DC

The Miami Hurricanes budgetball team came in first place at the tournament in Washington, DC this year in a tournament that started on June 13 and ended on June 17.

Budgetball is a new and innovative sport, aiming to spread awareness concerning the national debt and to promote discussions and debates regarding the nation’s economic future.

The Miami Hurricane Budgetball team consisted of nine players with Lucas Sommer as the team captain.

The team was able to succeed without too much prior preparation. Sommer read the rules of the game and developed a strategy to apply on the court in order to gain the highest possible points.

The strategy consisted of a specific set up, routines and maneuvers to play the ball in their favor.

“We enjoy budgetball because it tries to contain an educational component. We also enjoyed the prizes, free food and travel,” Sommer said.

The team competed with confidence and cooperation, proving that entrepreneurs are the best at fixing the current recession and changing the economic policy in America.

Elena Kouumdjiev

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...