‘Hug the Lake’ spreads an act of kindness on campus

hughthelake.jk

Jenna King // First Impression Staff

You’ve seen them around campus, the people carrying signs with inspirational phrases, giving you a huge smile and often a warm hug.

On the 39th annual Earth Day, students from all around the University of Miami celebrate the event by planting trees at a local middle school to circling Lake Osceola in support of UM’s most natural spot.

Random Acts of Kindness sponsored the third annual “Hug the Lake” to promote a greener world.

“The whole idea behind Hug the Lake is to appreciate our little campus and in turn the big world around us,” said Carol Perry, a past RAK president. “Coordinating it with Earth Day seemed like the perfect way to juxtapose the two and remind ourselves how lucky we are to live here.”

Jenna King

Contributing Columnist

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...