University changes logo

UMHS_Miller1ds

IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ‘U’: The above image is of the University of Miami’s new general logo, which plays off the split-U design of athletics. Courtesy University of Miami.

Expect to see the “U” more in University of Miami life as the athletic symbol inspired a redesign of the school’s general logo.

According to Vice President of Communication Jacqueline Menendez, this change better represents UM’s research and improved student body.

The Miller School of Medicine currently uses the split-U design logo for UHealth, a national symbol used for its network of university medical facilities.

This change will be implemented gradually and supplies with the old symbol will continue to be used and replaced with materials with the “U” on it.

In addition to the new signature, the new visual identity system manages the use of other key graphic elements. It will cover all new marketing materials produced throughout the university and adapted for a full range of other uses, ranging from web sites and brochures to t-shirts and notebooks.

The University of Miami’s official website, www.miami.edu, also experienced a redesign with a higher degree of interactivity, navigation and aesthetics.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...