Letter from President Shalala

PRESIDENT DONNA E. SHALALA

PRESIDENT DONNA E. SHALALA

Dear New ‘Canes:

Welcome to the University of Miami! We are delighted that you have chosen UM and want to wish you well as you embark on some of the most exciting and rewarding times of your life.

You are joining the University of Miami community at a critical juncture in its history.

We have been moving more quickly in the rankings than any other university in the past eight years and are enjoying successes on the Coral Gables, Medical, and Rosenstiel campuses.

We encourage you to enjoy your classmates and to take advantage of the many academic, social, and service-oriented opportunities on campus and in our community.

We hope you make the most of your time at the University of Miami. Study hard and get involved! I look forward to meeting you during Orientation 2009!

Sincerely,

Donna E. Shalala

Office of the President

Donna E. Shalala

President of the University of Miami

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...