Letter from Patricia A. Whitely

pat-whitely

Patricia A. Whitely

Dear New Student:

Welcome to the University of Miami and congratulations on your decision to attend one of the finest educational institutions in the world!

You are one of approximately 15,000 students from all 50 states, three territories and over 105 foreign countries who will attend the university this year. You will follow in the footsteps of many renowned scholars, Pulitzer Prize winners, Rhodes Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, two Heisman Trophy winners, Congressmen, CEOs, and over 153,000 successful alumni.

The University of Miami is an exciting place to be in 2009-2010! You will have the opportunity to take part in many interesting events this academic year, as well as hundreds of student-led activities. I encourage you to take advantage of those and many other academic, social, and service-oriented opportunities on campus which support student learning outside the classroom.

Take charge of your life! Develop your skills and talents by maximizing your academic opportunities and tapping into “real-life experiences” through student organizations and other activities, which will assist you in contributing to our community as an effective leader.

A multitude of opportunities awaits you…now it’s your turn. I look forward to formally welcoming and meeting you during Orientation 2009. Best wishes for academic and personal success! Go ‘Canes!

Sincerely,

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President, Student Affairs

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...