Letter from Lionel Moise

lionel_moiseTo Our New ‘Canes:

First and foremost, congratulations and welcome to the University of Miami! You are about to begin what will be some of the greatest years of your lives!

From this point on, you are and forever will be a part of the Hurricane family. The University community is very excited to welcome the greatest class to ever enter UM. The next few years will be an amazing journey and I urge you to take advantage of all the University has to offer.

As a university, we are continuing to rise rapidly among the rankings, which can be attributed to the quality of faculty, students and terrific vision of President Shalala. There are new facilities and resources continuously being constructed and an ever-growing variety of co-curricular activities that I encourage you to get involved with right away!

You will get to witness the diversity UM has to offer through the Orientation program and our annual Canefest where over 260 student organizations will be on showcase. You will attend your first football game at Land Shark Stadium and learn the amount of pride we take in our Orange and Green! So start practicing the alma mater and get ready to see some of UM’s greatest traditions as soon as you step foot on our beautiful Coral Gables campus.

Our undergraduate years will fly by so take advantage of every moment. Find your niche and get involved in organizations and causes that interest you. Remember, this experience is what YOU make it! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions throughout the year or even before you arrive. My email address is l.moise@umiami.edu. Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to seeing you in the fall!

Go ‘Canes,

Lionel Moise

President

Student Government

Lionel Moise

UM Student Government President

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...