University of Miami themed scooters

University of Miami themed scooters are on display at the University of Miami bookstore.

These vehicles are available through CROSSRUNNER, a power sport company. There are two models, the E50 and the C150, which run $1,699 and $1,999 respectively.

The E50 gets a top speed of 35 mph and the C150 can reach 60 mph.

Scooters are available in themes from other universities across the nation.

According to the national sales representative, Brandon Parker, the UM scooter was launched at the football spring game this year. The company also visited spring games at FSU, the University of Georgia, Auburn, the University of South Carolina, and Georgia Tech.

These scooters can be bought through the company’s website, www.crossrunner.net, or by calling their number, 800-520-7222.

“There are a lot of brands of scooters on the market and we wanted to bring something different to the market besides a different color,” Parker said. “We wanted something the customer could identify with.”

June 11, 2009

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...