Baseball

Canes win first game at BC, 5-1

Preseason All-American Chris Hernandez (6-3) pitched seven innings of one-run ball as No. 13 Miami defeated Boston College 5-1 Friday afternoon at Shea Field in Chestnut Hill, Mass.

Junior first baseman Jason Hagerty drove in two and sophomore catcher Yasmani Grandal went 3 for 5 with a homer, two runs and two RBI for the Hurricanes (30-15, 14-11).

Closer Kyle Bellamy threw two perfect innings of relief for his ACC-leading 13th save.

Starter JB MacDonald (4-6) gave up three runs on six hits in 6.1 innings in the loss. Leadoff hitter Robbie Anston finished 2 for 4 with a double, and scored on a fielder’s choice off the bat of cleanup batter Mickey Wiswall for the Eagles (28-18, 11-12).

May 1, 2009

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Florida Law School's Consortium for Racial Justice will leverage the strengths of every law

In a letter on Wednesday, President Julio Frenk unveiled a 15-point plan to improve and build upon d

Two technology experts with the University of Miami explain the origins of “bots” and their role on

During Tuesday’s virtual events, members of the University of Miami leadership discussed the essenti

Groundbreaking scientific research and innovative discoveries from the University of Miami will be f