Smartphones reign at UM

While most college students have cellphones, smartphone holders are on the rise.

Smartphones, mobile phone that offers advanced capabilities, often with PC-like functionality and personal digital assistance, have revolutionized the way many people organize their lives.

For many students, smartphones supply 24-hour access to staying connected and organized. Most smartphones offer everything from multiple e-mail managing and syncing to task managers and MP3 players.

Many also offer downloadable applications like scientific calculators and book finders. And today, students don’t have to dig their hands deep into their pockets to own one of these multifunctional devices.

“The Blackberry is so easy to use,” senior Nicole Scifo said. “It never gives me any problems. I know the iPhone has a few glitches because it’s basically a handheld computer. I just really like the Blackberry.”

Many companies offer a selection of smartphones to pick from, like AT&T’s iPhone and Blackberry Bold or Verizon Wireless’ Blackberry Storm or Blackberry Curve.

“I’ve had an iPhone for about two years now and I love it,” senior Johnathan Beauchamps said. “I don’t think I’d ever go back to any other kind of phone. I have about four pages of applications and it’s just one of the best phones out there, I think.”

Ileana Hernandez

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...