And your new Miss Palm Beach County USA is…

Linnie Clara Supall was crowned Miss Palm Beach County USA almost a month ago. Supall, a recent UM graduate, had won Miss Congeniality, and had conceded that whatever else happened after that was up to fate. But as fate would have it, Supall was crowned winner of the title.

“It was a crazy day when it happened,” she said. “I had to work in the morning because I couldn’t get off work. But it was a crazy day that ended well. It was incredible.”

Supall, who is new to the world of pageantry, chose to enter the Miss USA system after a friend told her that she would meet the criteria for which the judges typically look. The Miss USA system is also more advantageous to women interested in entering the world of entertainment, and Supall, a UM broadcast journalism graduate, can take full advantage of the benefits.  At 23, Supall appreciated that the USA system, as opposed to the Miss America Organization, has a wider age range for women to enter.

“I have a larger self of myself now at this age, than I may have had two years ago,” she said.

Supall does more than just wear the crown; she wants to bring her own personal touch to her reign. Her platform is domestic and date violence and she wants to steer women in the right direction and away from abusive relationships. She’s even using the pageantry as an opportunity to start her own foundation, Tender Embrace.

During her time at UM, Supall was very involved on campus. She was a member of a sorority, the executive producer for “UMTV Today,” a member of the National Broadcasting Society, and had an internship at NBC. Even now, Supall remains connected, as she is the vice president of Special Events and Networking for the University of Miami Alumni Association in Palm Beach.

“It sort of makes sense considering how involved I am…it’s a natural path,” she said. “I’m very involved in the community. I like to be as involved as possible. I want to show people it is more than the stereotype, and bring a sense of involvement to States. I like to inspire people.”

As a UM grad, Supall would eventually like to come back to UM and work with the psychology department in relationship to her platform.

“UM is great about inviting alums back,” Supall said.

As she looks forward to competing at Miss Florida USA in July, Supall hopes that her hard work and preparation will pay off.

“I’m definitely hoping to win States, I want to take what I’m doing and make it statewide,” she said. “But I feel like I meet what Miss Florida should be, so why not?”

MacKenzie Green

Contributing EDGE Writer

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...