And your new Miss Palm Beach County USA is…

Linnie Clara Supall was crowned Miss Palm Beach County USA almost a month ago. Supall, a recent UM graduate, had won Miss Congeniality, and had conceded that whatever else happened after that was up to fate. But as fate would have it, Supall was crowned winner of the title.

“It was a crazy day when it happened,” she said. “I had to work in the morning because I couldn’t get off work. But it was a crazy day that ended well. It was incredible.”

Supall, who is new to the world of pageantry, chose to enter the Miss USA system after a friend told her that she would meet the criteria for which the judges typically look. The Miss USA system is also more advantageous to women interested in entering the world of entertainment, and Supall, a UM broadcast journalism graduate, can take full advantage of the benefits.  At 23, Supall appreciated that the USA system, as opposed to the Miss America Organization, has a wider age range for women to enter.

“I have a larger self of myself now at this age, than I may have had two years ago,” she said.

Supall does more than just wear the crown; she wants to bring her own personal touch to her reign. Her platform is domestic and date violence and she wants to steer women in the right direction and away from abusive relationships. She’s even using the pageantry as an opportunity to start her own foundation, Tender Embrace.

During her time at UM, Supall was very involved on campus. She was a member of a sorority, the executive producer for “UMTV Today,” a member of the National Broadcasting Society, and had an internship at NBC. Even now, Supall remains connected, as she is the vice president of Special Events and Networking for the University of Miami Alumni Association in Palm Beach.

“It sort of makes sense considering how involved I am…it’s a natural path,” she said. “I’m very involved in the community. I like to be as involved as possible. I want to show people it is more than the stereotype, and bring a sense of involvement to States. I like to inspire people.”

As a UM grad, Supall would eventually like to come back to UM and work with the psychology department in relationship to her platform.

“UM is great about inviting alums back,” Supall said.

As she looks forward to competing at Miss Florida USA in July, Supall hopes that her hard work and preparation will pay off.

“I’m definitely hoping to win States, I want to take what I’m doing and make it statewide,” she said. “But I feel like I meet what Miss Florida should be, so why not?”

MacKenzie Green

Contributing EDGE Writer

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...

Head coach Aljosa Piric announces 2019 fall slate. ...

Miami women's basketball team dominated its final game in Italy by defeating the Venice All Sta ...