Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL
Head coach Randy Shannon and select UM players and staff members participated in the Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society Friday at the Miami Dade Job Corps Center from 6-9 p.m.

They teamed with Commissioner Barbara Jordan and the District 1 staff. Players interacted with the participants, took photos and made laps.

NFL DRAFT

Senior linebacker Spencer Adkins was selected by the Atlanta Falcons in the sixth round as the 176th overall pick on the second day of the 2009 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

Adkins played in 11 games last season and registered 20 tackles (15 solo, five assisted) while adding six tackles for loss and four sacks. He picked up ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week after collecting two sacks and three tackles in the season-opening win over Charleston Southern.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...