Concert Review: Ying Yang Twins

yinyang

DANIELLE KASLOW // HURRICANE STAFF

As part of Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s philanthropy fundraiser, Paddy Murphy Week, the Ying Yang Twins performed to help raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network, a nonprofit organization that raises funds for children’s hospitals. The concert was free for students, but donations were eagerly accepted by SAE brothers standing at the door.

The night began with an opening set by Beckham County Trainwreck.

“When we were looking for an act, we just thought that a hip-hop act that has a jam band at the beginning provides a perfect combination,” said Danny Casamayor, an SAE brother who helped to plan the event. “It was something for everyone.”

After an intermission, the Ying Yang Twins made their appearance. The Atlanta-based duo started the night strong with a mixture of their own songs.

“The concert is really good, I liked the Whisper Song,” senior Jayme Kackley said. “It’s nice to have a free concert on campus, something to do.”

After playing their most popular hits, the Twins moved on to covers of contemporary songs, such as “Whatever You Like” by T.I.

“I think it’s cool because it gets more people involved that might not know all their music,” senior Juan Carlos Matos said.

Even after the Ying Yang Twins left the stage, students continued to dance to beats from the DJ.

“I think the Ying Yang Twins put on a great show… They kept the whole crowd into the show,” Casamayor said. “They were definitely a performance from the moment they pulled up to the moment they pulled out.”

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...