Tennis

Women’s tennis earns five ACC honors

Paige Yaroshuk-Tews was named 2009 ACC Women’s Tennis Coach of the Year, while four singles players – junior Laura Vallverdu and sophomores Julia Cohen, Bianca Eickorn and Michaela Kissell – collected All-ACC honors.

The four All-ACC recipients are the most from any team, followed by Georgia Tech and Duke’s three apiece.

Yaroshuk-Tews led the Hurricanes to a 21-3 record overall (10-1 ACC) for her first Coach of the Year honor. She is the all-time winningest women’s tennis coach at Miami with 156 total victories.

Vallverdu (No. 25) made it to the All-ACC team for the third consecutive year. Cohen is ranked as the fourth-best singles player in the nation and went a perfect 11-0 in ACC play. Both Eichkorn (No. 30) and Kissell (No. 50) have strung together 10 straight victories in singles play for over 30 wins on the season.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...