Sports Briefs

BASEBALL

Baseball America named head coach Jim Morris as the top coach and junior Kyle Bellamy as the closer on the Midseason All-America Team.

Morris, who has led Miami to a College World Series appearance in 11 of his 15 seasons, has had the Hurricanes ranked in the top 10 in most polls all season after losing eight players in last year’s Major League Baseball draft.

Bellamy currently leads the Canes with a 1.40 ERA, allowing just four earned runs in 25 2/3 innings.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The 2009 banquet will be held April 29 on the BankUnited Center arena floor.

Seniors Jack McClinton, Jimmy Graham, Brian Asbury and Lance Hurdle will be recognized and the team will hand out individual honors. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program beginning at 6:45 p.m.

Individual tickets are on sale for $50. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 or by filling out the online order form. Make sure to RSVP by April 24.

MEN’S TENNIS

Freshman Ignacio Taboada was named the Muscle Milk Student Athlete of the Week after a pair of victories over the weekend to extend his winning streak to four.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...