RSMAS Beat Notebook: April 12

The University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science along with the Bonefish and Tarpon Trust conducted the Inaugural Florida Keys Spring Bonefish Population Census on Tuesday. It was conducted to monitor year-to-year population changes and the long-term sustainability of the sport fish. The data collected from the first spring census conducted this year complements the annual census conducted in the fall for the last six years.

Scientists from the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, in collaboration with scientists from the University of Oxford, have analyzed data on the 8.0 magnitude earthquake that occured Aug. 16, 2007, in Pisco, Peru, and its impact on regional topography. The event killed 595 people while another 318 remain missing. Using Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar geodetic data and teleseismic data, the scientists were able to use satellite images to identify details of this major plate boundary event. The study was published in the Geophysical Journal International.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...