RSMAS Beat Notebook: April 12

The University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science along with the Bonefish and Tarpon Trust conducted the Inaugural Florida Keys Spring Bonefish Population Census on Tuesday. It was conducted to monitor year-to-year population changes and the long-term sustainability of the sport fish. The data collected from the first spring census conducted this year complements the annual census conducted in the fall for the last six years.

Scientists from the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, in collaboration with scientists from the University of Oxford, have analyzed data on the 8.0 magnitude earthquake that occured Aug. 16, 2007, in Pisco, Peru, and its impact on regional topography. The event killed 595 people while another 318 remain missing. Using Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar geodetic data and teleseismic data, the scientists were able to use satellite images to identify details of this major plate boundary event. The study was published in the Geophysical Journal International.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...