Restaurant Review: The Cereal Bowl

Munchies, crunchies, berries and more – The Cereal Bowl offers all the cereal-aisle favorites with an added twist.

With 32 brands of cereal and 35 toppings, the restaurant allows hungry breakfast lovers the opportunity to eat their cereal their own way. Combining any of the offerings and finishing it with milk provides fun and a feeling of breaking the rules. For the individual hesitant to create their own, The Cereal Bowl provides Signature Bowls such as The Dirt Bowl with Cookie Crisp, Oreo cookies, chocolate syrup and gummy worms, which is sure to please anyone with a much-needed sugar fix. People who find the combination of cereals irresistible can even purchase a box of their own Create-A-Box cereal.

Chief executive officer and co-founder Kenneth Rader had the idea for the restaurant when he realized in college how much people love cereal.

“It appeals to a lot of different people, junk-food lovers and healthy individuals,” Rader said in an interview with The Miami Hurricane.

The restaurant recently reopened its doors following a major renovation. With permit delays on a new location on Miracle Mile, Kenneth Rader and his partners Michael Classman and Josh Rader, a University of Miami alumnus, decided to improve the flagship location on Dixie Highway, he said. The restaurant’s new equipment and new design now has a cohesive look with its other franchise locations in different states.

Perfect for the hungry college student, the restaurant offers a laid-back environment equipped with free Wi-Fi, couches, and televisions. Plus, pajamas are always welcome.

Beside cereal, The Cereal Bowl also offers oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, baked goods and organic free-trade coffees and lattes, such as the Sticky Bun Latte and the S’mores Mocha.

In an effort to reach the lunch crowd and expand their menu, The Cereal Bowl acquired the restaurant rights to PB Loco, a brand of peanut butter with a crazy twist. Exclusively available at the restaurant or online, the peanut butter comes in a variety of flavors, from white chocolate raspberry to cookie dough.

With reasonable prices and a huge variety of options and combinations, everyone is sure to find their own unique indulgence at The Cereal Bowl.

If You Go

What: The Cereal Bowl
Where: 1560 South Dixie Highway
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sundays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: Prices vary. Overall inexpensive.

Ashley Torres

Senior EDGE Writer

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...