Restaurant Review: The Cereal Bowl

Munchies, crunchies, berries and more – The Cereal Bowl offers all the cereal-aisle favorites with an added twist.

With 32 brands of cereal and 35 toppings, the restaurant allows hungry breakfast lovers the opportunity to eat their cereal their own way. Combining any of the offerings and finishing it with milk provides fun and a feeling of breaking the rules. For the individual hesitant to create their own, The Cereal Bowl provides Signature Bowls such as The Dirt Bowl with Cookie Crisp, Oreo cookies, chocolate syrup and gummy worms, which is sure to please anyone with a much-needed sugar fix. People who find the combination of cereals irresistible can even purchase a box of their own Create-A-Box cereal.

Chief executive officer and co-founder Kenneth Rader had the idea for the restaurant when he realized in college how much people love cereal.

“It appeals to a lot of different people, junk-food lovers and healthy individuals,” Rader said in an interview with The Miami Hurricane.

The restaurant recently reopened its doors following a major renovation. With permit delays on a new location on Miracle Mile, Kenneth Rader and his partners Michael Classman and Josh Rader, a University of Miami alumnus, decided to improve the flagship location on Dixie Highway, he said. The restaurant’s new equipment and new design now has a cohesive look with its other franchise locations in different states.

Perfect for the hungry college student, the restaurant offers a laid-back environment equipped with free Wi-Fi, couches, and televisions. Plus, pajamas are always welcome.

Beside cereal, The Cereal Bowl also offers oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, baked goods and organic free-trade coffees and lattes, such as the Sticky Bun Latte and the S’mores Mocha.

In an effort to reach the lunch crowd and expand their menu, The Cereal Bowl acquired the restaurant rights to PB Loco, a brand of peanut butter with a crazy twist. Exclusively available at the restaurant or online, the peanut butter comes in a variety of flavors, from white chocolate raspberry to cookie dough.

With reasonable prices and a huge variety of options and combinations, everyone is sure to find their own unique indulgence at The Cereal Bowl.

If You Go

What: The Cereal Bowl
Where: 1560 South Dixie Highway
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sundays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: Prices vary. Overall inexpensive.

Ashley Torres

Senior EDGE Writer

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes fell in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...