Restaurant Review: The Cereal Bowl

Munchies, crunchies, berries and more – The Cereal Bowl offers all the cereal-aisle favorites with an added twist.

With 32 brands of cereal and 35 toppings, the restaurant allows hungry breakfast lovers the opportunity to eat their cereal their own way. Combining any of the offerings and finishing it with milk provides fun and a feeling of breaking the rules. For the individual hesitant to create their own, The Cereal Bowl provides Signature Bowls such as The Dirt Bowl with Cookie Crisp, Oreo cookies, chocolate syrup and gummy worms, which is sure to please anyone with a much-needed sugar fix. People who find the combination of cereals irresistible can even purchase a box of their own Create-A-Box cereal.

Chief executive officer and co-founder Kenneth Rader had the idea for the restaurant when he realized in college how much people love cereal.

“It appeals to a lot of different people, junk-food lovers and healthy individuals,” Rader said in an interview with The Miami Hurricane.

The restaurant recently reopened its doors following a major renovation. With permit delays on a new location on Miracle Mile, Kenneth Rader and his partners Michael Classman and Josh Rader, a University of Miami alumnus, decided to improve the flagship location on Dixie Highway, he said. The restaurant’s new equipment and new design now has a cohesive look with its other franchise locations in different states.

Perfect for the hungry college student, the restaurant offers a laid-back environment equipped with free Wi-Fi, couches, and televisions. Plus, pajamas are always welcome.

Beside cereal, The Cereal Bowl also offers oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, baked goods and organic free-trade coffees and lattes, such as the Sticky Bun Latte and the S’mores Mocha.

In an effort to reach the lunch crowd and expand their menu, The Cereal Bowl acquired the restaurant rights to PB Loco, a brand of peanut butter with a crazy twist. Exclusively available at the restaurant or online, the peanut butter comes in a variety of flavors, from white chocolate raspberry to cookie dough.

With reasonable prices and a huge variety of options and combinations, everyone is sure to find their own unique indulgence at The Cereal Bowl.

If You Go

What: The Cereal Bowl
Where: 1560 South Dixie Highway
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sundays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: Prices vary. Overall inexpensive.

Ashley Torres

Senior EDGE Writer

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...