Basketball

Dwayne Collins to enter name in NBA Draft, will not hire agent

Junior forward Dwayne Collins will enter his name in the 2009 NBA Draft, testing the waters of professional basketball. However, he will not hire an agent, meaning that he can return to the Hurricanes for his senior season if he chooses.

“This is a chance for Dwayne to get feedback on his game from general managers and NBA scouts on what he needs to do to have an opportunity to play professional basketball,” head coach Frank Haith said in a statement released by the athletic department. “I support Dwayne’s decision to test the waters.”

Collins became Miami’s reliable interior threat last season, scoring 10.6 points per game, good for second on the squad. He was fifth in the ACC with 3.1 offensive rebounds per game.

“I talked to my family and Coach Haith and let them know I want to take this opportunity,” Collins said in the statement. “I’ll put my name in and see what happens, and make a decision from there.”

The NBA Draft is scheduled to take place on June 25.

Matthew Bunch

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...