Ying Yang Twins to play UC Patio for SAE benefit show

yingyangyay

Ying Yang Twins

The Ying Yang twins are coming to the University of Miami on Friday, April 17, to do more than get crunk.

They will be performing a free show on the UC Patio as part of Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s Paddy Murphy Week, which raises money for the Children’s Miracle Network.

The Children’s Miracle Network is a non-profit organization that donates to over 170 children’s hospitals across the country.

Last year, the Florida Alpha Chapter of SAE brought the rapper Afro Man to campus. With the performance, he helped raise a few thousand dollars towards the fraternity’s $11,000 donation to this charity, according to Danny Casamayor, a SAE brother who helped plan this year’s concert.

Casamayor hopes with the Ying Yang Twins, this year’s charity fundraising will be even more successful.

“We hope to raise $12,000,” he said. “I have heard the Ying Yang Twins put on a great show. They did a show up at Vanderbilt the other week and there was a lot of crowd interaction.”

This concert will be at the UC Patio and student band Beckham County Trainwreck will open the show at 8 p.m. The Ying Yang Twins plan to take the stage around 9 p.m.

Beckham County Trainwreck is a rock-funk jam band from Miami, while the Ying Yang Twins are a rap group out of Atlanta.

“We thought they would be a good mix to have,” Casamayor said. “Last year we did the same thing by opening up with a rock band, Ballyhoo, for the rapper Afro Man and it was a perfect mix. There was something for everyone.”

“I am real excited. I think its going to be a great concert,” said Rory Lincoln, a junior majoring in broadcast journalism. “I think it’s what college students want to watch.”

Admission to this concert is free, but donations to Children’s Miracle Network will be accepted and given to the Miami Children’s Hospital. SAE brothers will be taking money at the entrance to the concert located by the breezeway. Brothers will also be walking around throughout the patio with jugs accepting additional money.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...

The Canes head to the ACC Baseball Championship ranked in the top 20 in every major poll. ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team will once again represent her country ...