Sports Briefs

GOLF

Freshman Jennifer Hirano scored a career-best, one-under-par 71 in the final round on Tuesday for a sixth-place finish at the Canes & Cardinal Classic at Don Shula’s Golf Resort in Miami Lakes.

Miami finished fourth after a three-round total of 914. No. 16 San Jose State won the team title with an 887, while Spartan Erica Moston took the individual title shooting a two-under 70 in her final round and finishing with a two-under par 214 for the tournament.

MEN’S TENNIS

Senior All-American Daniel Vallverdu, ranked No. 15, earned ACC Player of the Week honors after he beat two ranked opponents in straight sets over the weekend. The No. 23 Hurricanes won both their weekend matches 4-3 and moved up eight positions in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s poll.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...