Sports Briefs

GOLF

Freshman Jennifer Hirano scored a career-best, one-under-par 71 in the final round on Tuesday for a sixth-place finish at the Canes & Cardinal Classic at Don Shula’s Golf Resort in Miami Lakes.

Miami finished fourth after a three-round total of 914. No. 16 San Jose State won the team title with an 887, while Spartan Erica Moston took the individual title shooting a two-under 70 in her final round and finishing with a two-under par 214 for the tournament.

MEN’S TENNIS

Senior All-American Daniel Vallverdu, ranked No. 15, earned ACC Player of the Week honors after he beat two ranked opponents in straight sets over the weekend. The No. 23 Hurricanes won both their weekend matches 4-3 and moved up eight positions in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s poll.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...