Former SG president Brandon Gross says goodbye

brandongrosstt2

BRANDON GROSS

Dear Canes,

How quickly has the time passed? It feels as if it were just yesterday that we began serving you. But, here we are, almost a year later, welcoming a new group of SG leadership. It has truly been an outstanding experience and a privilege to serve you. We have made it our mission to live up to our motto of integrity, leadership and service. But beyond that, we are leaving having kept our commitment. It was not an easy task as it took a lot of work, collaboration and dedication. I would personally like to thank the Executive Board, all members of SG, the administration and, most of all, the students.

We have worked on many projects that we hope will continue to benefit you. We currently have five ZipCars on campus with plans to expand the fleet this semester. Also, Starbucks is open later on Sundays, the parking lot by the Wellness Center is all-access, you can all now register for classes online, UBikes are available at the bookstore, the Health Center is open on Sundays, the Latin Honor policy was revised thanks to the Senate, and there is a recycling bin next to nearly every trash can on campus thanks to GreenU. We also continue to work on our promise to improve advising. A proposal has been presented to the deans and SG will continue to move forward with the project this coming year with the information that we received from you through the advising survey.

It has been some year and we are very excited for what is to come. I can’t believe that a year has gone by since we began, but here we are. Our time has passed and the time has come to say goodbye. From the “Committed To U” team, we would like to congratulate the newly installed SG leaders for 2009-2010. We know that Lionel, Kristen, Jeremy, Christina and Amy will do an outstanding job and we wish them the very best!

I have truly enjoyed every moment of this past year. Thanks for everything and GO CANES!

-Brandon Gross
President, Student Government
2008-2009

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...