Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: Decision to remove Ibis Ride irrational, dangerous

I do not drink, and I almost never go to the Grove. But somebody should lose their job over the irrational decision to take away the students’ safe ride home. It is only a matter of time before students at our university lose their lives because the dean of students finds it necessary to send the message they would rather the students drive drunk than ride a safe bus with a sober driver. UM students dying as a result of this decision isn’t a matter of if, but a matter of when. I propose we name the next new building on our campus after whichever member of our student body is the first to die as a result of this terrible decision. Whoever made the call to cancel this safe ride should be ashamed of themselves. If the dean of students made this decision, then our school needs to fire him and find a new dean.

-Rugh J. Cline
Law Student
Class of 2010

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.