Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: Decision to remove Ibis Ride irrational, dangerous

I do not drink, and I almost never go to the Grove. But somebody should lose their job over the irrational decision to take away the students’ safe ride home. It is only a matter of time before students at our university lose their lives because the dean of students finds it necessary to send the message they would rather the students drive drunk than ride a safe bus with a sober driver. UM students dying as a result of this decision isn’t a matter of if, but a matter of when. I propose we name the next new building on our campus after whichever member of our student body is the first to die as a result of this terrible decision. Whoever made the call to cancel this safe ride should be ashamed of themselves. If the dean of students made this decision, then our school needs to fire him and find a new dean.

-Rugh J. Cline
Law Student
Class of 2010

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...