Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: Decision to remove Ibis Ride irrational, dangerous

I do not drink, and I almost never go to the Grove. But somebody should lose their job over the irrational decision to take away the students’ safe ride home. It is only a matter of time before students at our university lose their lives because the dean of students finds it necessary to send the message they would rather the students drive drunk than ride a safe bus with a sober driver. UM students dying as a result of this decision isn’t a matter of if, but a matter of when. I propose we name the next new building on our campus after whichever member of our student body is the first to die as a result of this terrible decision. Whoever made the call to cancel this safe ride should be ashamed of themselves. If the dean of students made this decision, then our school needs to fire him and find a new dean.

-Rugh J. Cline
Law Student
Class of 2010

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...