Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: Decision to remove Ibis Ride irrational, dangerous

I do not drink, and I almost never go to the Grove. But somebody should lose their job over the irrational decision to take away the students’ safe ride home. It is only a matter of time before students at our university lose their lives because the dean of students finds it necessary to send the message they would rather the students drive drunk than ride a safe bus with a sober driver. UM students dying as a result of this decision isn’t a matter of if, but a matter of when. I propose we name the next new building on our campus after whichever member of our student body is the first to die as a result of this terrible decision. Whoever made the call to cancel this safe ride should be ashamed of themselves. If the dean of students made this decision, then our school needs to fire him and find a new dean.

-Rugh J. Cline
Law Student
Class of 2010

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

University of Miami students and staff were given fellowships and awards that will allow them to pur

University of Miami President Julio Frenk joins ecologist Simon Levin for a webinar that will explor

The Miami Herbert Business School announced that a student-led committee will commission artwork for

A tireless physician who was always on call, Dr. Sayfie made patients partners in their care.

The temporary move to drop standardized testing requirements will hopefully eliminate some of the st