Vin Diesel revving up again for ‘Fast and Furious’

He sits in a smoke filled room, sunglasses sitting snug on his face.  He looks every inch his character in the film.

White t-shirt? Check. Raspy voice? Check. Built body? Oh yes, check.

Vin Diesel is every bit the man he is assumed to be. But digging deeper, Diesel is more than an assumption based on the physical.

Universal Studios recently released the movie “Fast and Furious,” which boasts the tagline “new model, original parts.” And that is the way star Vin Diesel wanted it.

“What makes this movie great is that everyone from the first movie is in this film,” said Diesel in an interview with The Miami Hurricane.

Bringing back the original cast was a condition that had to be in place before Diesel would come back and reprise the role of Dominic Toretto. But, making sure that he could get the “original parts” that he wanted was easy, especially considering that Diesel is a producer of the film.

It was not diva behavior that made Diesel want to get the gang back together for the latest installment of the franchise. Rather, Diesel wanted to give fans of the first movie the film that they deserved. The previous two installments of the Fast and Furious franchise did not capture Diesel’s attention.

“I wanted to respect the integrity of the fans with this film,” Diesel said. I wanted them to get a film that they wanted and that fit.”

His imposing presence is lightened when he truly gets lost in thought about his craft. Acting is a passion, and the goal is to entwine himself with projects that can best reflect that passion.

“This movie was for the fans…now a days it has to be worth spending the cash, and I think this one is.”

MacKenzie Green

Contributing EDGE Writer

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...