New housing Web site launches for faculty and staff

The University of Miami has created a new Web site designed to help faculty and staff with matters related to housing. The site helps both current and prospective faculty and staff with housing issues in South Florida.

“Our goal was to develop a valuable resource for our existing workforce as well as to support our recruiting efforts,” Mark Diaz, associate vice president for Budget and Planning, said in an e-mail to the university community Thursday.

The site includes pages on South Florida communities and schools, relocation services, travel times between the university and other areas, university-owned rentals and new available housing among others and is meant to help faculty new to the area or those who might be looking to relocate within it and ease the transition.

The Web site can be accessed through the provost’s Web site or directly through www.miami.edu/provost/housing. According to Diaz, since the site’s purpose is to provide relevant information, it will be maintained and refreshed daily in order to provide the most up-to-date information available. Diaz also said that comments from the community are encouraged and would be used as a way to determine the site’s success.

The university also announced Thursday the completion of new townhouses adjacent to the University Village on the Coral Gables campus. The new townhouses, totaling 16, are available for rent to faculty and staff.

Lila Albizu

Assistant News Editor

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.