New housing Web site launches for faculty and staff

The University of Miami has created a new Web site designed to help faculty and staff with matters related to housing. The site helps both current and prospective faculty and staff with housing issues in South Florida.

“Our goal was to develop a valuable resource for our existing workforce as well as to support our recruiting efforts,” Mark Diaz, associate vice president for Budget and Planning, said in an e-mail to the university community Thursday.

The site includes pages on South Florida communities and schools, relocation services, travel times between the university and other areas, university-owned rentals and new available housing among others and is meant to help faculty new to the area or those who might be looking to relocate within it and ease the transition.

The Web site can be accessed through the provost’s Web site or directly through www.miami.edu/provost/housing. According to Diaz, since the site’s purpose is to provide relevant information, it will be maintained and refreshed daily in order to provide the most up-to-date information available. Diaz also said that comments from the community are encouraged and would be used as a way to determine the site’s success.

The university also announced Thursday the completion of new townhouses adjacent to the University Village on the Coral Gables campus. The new townhouses, totaling 16, are available for rent to faculty and staff.

Lila Albizu

Assistant News Editor

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...