New housing Web site launches for faculty and staff

The University of Miami has created a new Web site designed to help faculty and staff with matters related to housing. The site helps both current and prospective faculty and staff with housing issues in South Florida.

“Our goal was to develop a valuable resource for our existing workforce as well as to support our recruiting efforts,” Mark Diaz, associate vice president for Budget and Planning, said in an e-mail to the university community Thursday.

The site includes pages on South Florida communities and schools, relocation services, travel times between the university and other areas, university-owned rentals and new available housing among others and is meant to help faculty new to the area or those who might be looking to relocate within it and ease the transition.

The Web site can be accessed through the provost’s Web site or directly through www.miami.edu/provost/housing. According to Diaz, since the site’s purpose is to provide relevant information, it will be maintained and refreshed daily in order to provide the most up-to-date information available. Diaz also said that comments from the community are encouraged and would be used as a way to determine the site’s success.

The university also announced Thursday the completion of new townhouses adjacent to the University Village on the Coral Gables campus. The new townhouses, totaling 16, are available for rent to faculty and staff.

Lila Albizu

Assistant News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...