Basketball

McClinton tapped into Iron Arrow

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored once again. The 3-point specialist earned the highest honor that can be attained at the University of Miami as he was tapped into Iron Arrow on Tuesday evening.

McClinton is the ACC’s all-time leader in 3-point field goal percentage with a .440 percentage, and he has led the ACC in 3-pointers made per game for the last three seasons. McClinton recently won the 21st Annual State Farm 3-Point Championship this past Thursday in Detroit.

McClinton is the second athlete tapped into the honor society this academic year, as junior shortstop Ryan Jackson was selected last Fall.

The Iron Arrow Honor Society was founded at the University of Miami in 1926 and is the highest honor attainable at the university. Iron Arrow is based on the traditions of the Seminole Indians, and the society recognizes individuals, in the University of Miami community, who portray love of alma mater, character, leadership, scholarship and humility.

Pravin Patel

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...