Basketball

McClinton tapped into Iron Arrow

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored once again. The 3-point specialist earned the highest honor that can be attained at the University of Miami as he was tapped into Iron Arrow on Tuesday evening.

McClinton is the ACC’s all-time leader in 3-point field goal percentage with a .440 percentage, and he has led the ACC in 3-pointers made per game for the last three seasons. McClinton recently won the 21st Annual State Farm 3-Point Championship this past Thursday in Detroit.

McClinton is the second athlete tapped into the honor society this academic year, as junior shortstop Ryan Jackson was selected last Fall.

The Iron Arrow Honor Society was founded at the University of Miami in 1926 and is the highest honor attainable at the university. Iron Arrow is based on the traditions of the Seminole Indians, and the society recognizes individuals, in the University of Miami community, who portray love of alma mater, character, leadership, scholarship and humility.

Pravin Patel

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...