Basketball

McClinton tapped into Iron Arrow

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored once again. The 3-point specialist earned the highest honor that can be attained at the University of Miami as he was tapped into Iron Arrow on Tuesday evening.

McClinton is the ACC’s all-time leader in 3-point field goal percentage with a .440 percentage, and he has led the ACC in 3-pointers made per game for the last three seasons. McClinton recently won the 21st Annual State Farm 3-Point Championship this past Thursday in Detroit.

McClinton is the second athlete tapped into the honor society this academic year, as junior shortstop Ryan Jackson was selected last Fall.

The Iron Arrow Honor Society was founded at the University of Miami in 1926 and is the highest honor attainable at the university. Iron Arrow is based on the traditions of the Seminole Indians, and the society recognizes individuals, in the University of Miami community, who portray love of alma mater, character, leadership, scholarship and humility.

Pravin Patel

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...