V's Take

Dear V: Exhausting workout also provides exhausting problem

DISCLAIMER: The following column includes information about personal bodily functions. If you are not comfortable with this subject matter, The Miami Hurricane advises that you not read any further.

When I work out on any of the cardio machines, not only do I get an erection but also I end up cumming. What do I do? It’s so humiliating to be sporting wood and then to end up at my dorm with sticky shorts. But I need to get my cardio workout in to stay healthy and in shape.

Sincerely,
-Physical Exertion

Dear Exertion,

I suppose it’s no wonder why your equipment is turbocharged at the gym. After all, that place is full of physically fit individuals, sporting spandex, with sweat dripping in all the right places. Perhaps all you need is to get your mind in the right place to, shall I say, cool your jets. Here are some things that you can think about to prevent yourself from getting aroused:

Baseball. Queen Elizabeth. Used Band-Aids. Muffin tops. Back acne. Dust bunnies. The Department of Motor Vehicles. Staplers. Grandma’s facial hair. Dog doo. Britney Spears (during the K-Fed era). K-Fed. Garlic breath. Bricks. The News Hour with Jim Lehrer. Final exams. Telemarketers. Goiters. Hippopotami. Any movie in which a black male comedian stars as an overweight woman. Peter Griffin. Colonoscopies. Cactus gardens. Celery. Stretch marks. Overdraft fees. Little kids with snot on their face. Janet Reno. Moles with little hairs growing out of them. Cloris Leachman’s breasts. 238490 ÷ 13. Getting your car towed. Old milk. Appendicitis. Dr. Phil. Sewage leaks. Vegemite. Ugg boots. Miami drivers. Teeth during oral sex. Snuggies. Mustard stains. Monetary fines. Scabies. Fanny packs. The family of rats that lives in Amy Winehouse’s hair. Waiting lists. Carrots stuck in a tween girl’s braces. A bulldog riding on a skateboard. That last sip of warm beer. Creamed corn. Plumbers’ butt cracks. Sudoku. Cockroaches. Tolstoy’s War and Peace. Applying ointment on yourself. Applying ointment on others. What fraternity houses smell like. Chartwell’s. Former President Rutherford B. Hayes. Taxidermy. Bleu cheese. Your entire extended family doing the Electric Slide. And, the economy.

If my long list of non-suggestive suggestions fails to quell your libido, try relieving yourself before you go to the gym. I can assure you that regular masturbation has multiple benefits but you don’t have to take my word for it!

Best of luck!

Matthew Bunch

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...