Basketball

McClinton wins three point shootout

Atlantic Coast Conference First Team and University of Miami player Jack McClinton defeated Oakland University’s Erik Kangas in the final round of the 21st Annual State Farm Three-Point Championship.

McClinton edged out Kangas, 22-16, in the final round of the shootout to take home the three-point crown.

McClinton was one of the nation’s top eight three-point shooters who was selected to compete in the ESPN covered Thursday night event. Besides McClinton and Kangas, the other three-point shooters who competed were Jimmy Baron from Rhode Island, John Grotberg from Grinnell, Kyle McAlarney from Notre Dame, Craig Moore from Northwestern, Alex Ruoff from West Virginia and Booker Woodfox from Creighton.

This past season, McClinton led the ACC with 3.2 made three-pointers per game and a .453 three-point field goal percentage. McClinton has also led the ACC in three-pointers made per game for the last three seasons, and he is the ACC’s all-time leader in three-point field goal percentage, with a .440 percentage.

Pravin Patel

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...