Basketball

McClinton wins three point shootout

Atlantic Coast Conference First Team and University of Miami player Jack McClinton defeated Oakland University’s Erik Kangas in the final round of the 21st Annual State Farm Three-Point Championship.

McClinton edged out Kangas, 22-16, in the final round of the shootout to take home the three-point crown.

McClinton was one of the nation’s top eight three-point shooters who was selected to compete in the ESPN covered Thursday night event. Besides McClinton and Kangas, the other three-point shooters who competed were Jimmy Baron from Rhode Island, John Grotberg from Grinnell, Kyle McAlarney from Notre Dame, Craig Moore from Northwestern, Alex Ruoff from West Virginia and Booker Woodfox from Creighton.

This past season, McClinton led the ACC with 3.2 made three-pointers per game and a .453 three-point field goal percentage. McClinton has also led the ACC in three-pointers made per game for the last three seasons, and he is the ACC’s all-time leader in three-point field goal percentage, with a .440 percentage.

Pravin Patel

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...