Basketball

McClinton wins three point shootout

Atlantic Coast Conference First Team and University of Miami player Jack McClinton defeated Oakland University’s Erik Kangas in the final round of the 21st Annual State Farm Three-Point Championship.

McClinton edged out Kangas, 22-16, in the final round of the shootout to take home the three-point crown.

McClinton was one of the nation’s top eight three-point shooters who was selected to compete in the ESPN covered Thursday night event. Besides McClinton and Kangas, the other three-point shooters who competed were Jimmy Baron from Rhode Island, John Grotberg from Grinnell, Kyle McAlarney from Notre Dame, Craig Moore from Northwestern, Alex Ruoff from West Virginia and Booker Woodfox from Creighton.

This past season, McClinton led the ACC with 3.2 made three-pointers per game and a .453 three-point field goal percentage. McClinton has also led the ACC in three-pointers made per game for the last three seasons, and he is the ACC’s all-time leader in three-point field goal percentage, with a .440 percentage.

Pravin Patel

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...