Sports Briefs

DIVING

Junior Reuben Ross took third place in the 10-meter platform at the Student Recreation Natatorium in College Station, Texas, for the NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships this past weekend.

He collected a pair of seventh-place finishes in the one-meter and three-meter springboards, the latter in which the Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, native won the national title for a year ago.

Ross became just the fifth diver in program history to earn All-American honors in all three diving events.

TRACK/FIELD

Freshman Devon Hill finished second in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.37 on Saturday at the UCF Invitational.

Senior Ena Leufroy raced to a second-place finish in the women’s 800-meters at 2:13.46. Senior Vince Giambanco ran to a fourth-place finish at 4:10.72 in the 1,500-meter run.

Miami travels to Gainesville on Friday to compete in the Florida Relays.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ You know when you will know the Hurricanes are really bac ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...