Sports Briefs

DIVING

Junior Reuben Ross took third place in the 10-meter platform at the Student Recreation Natatorium in College Station, Texas, for the NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships this past weekend.

He collected a pair of seventh-place finishes in the one-meter and three-meter springboards, the latter in which the Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, native won the national title for a year ago.

Ross became just the fifth diver in program history to earn All-American honors in all three diving events.

TRACK/FIELD

Freshman Devon Hill finished second in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.37 on Saturday at the UCF Invitational.

Senior Ena Leufroy raced to a second-place finish in the women’s 800-meters at 2:13.46. Senior Vince Giambanco ran to a fourth-place finish at 4:10.72 in the 1,500-meter run.

Miami travels to Gainesville on Friday to compete in the Florida Relays.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...