Sports Briefs

DIVING

Junior Reuben Ross took third place in the 10-meter platform at the Student Recreation Natatorium in College Station, Texas, for the NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships this past weekend.

He collected a pair of seventh-place finishes in the one-meter and three-meter springboards, the latter in which the Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, native won the national title for a year ago.

Ross became just the fifth diver in program history to earn All-American honors in all three diving events.

TRACK/FIELD

Freshman Devon Hill finished second in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.37 on Saturday at the UCF Invitational.

Senior Ena Leufroy raced to a second-place finish in the women’s 800-meters at 2:13.46. Senior Vince Giambanco ran to a fourth-place finish at 4:10.72 in the 1,500-meter run.

Miami travels to Gainesville on Friday to compete in the Florida Relays.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...