Baseball

Canes rally, beat undefeated Cavaliers 4-3

After dropping the first of a three-game series on the road to No. 7 Virginia, the fourth-ranked Hurricanes rallied from a 3-0 deficit with a four-run seventh en route to a 4-3 win on Saturday afternoon at Davenport Field.

Shortstop Ryan Jackson’s two-run single proved to be the game winner for Miami (17-4, 6-2). Pinch hitter Ted Blackman also drove in a pair of runs earlier in the inning when he replaced Jonathan Weislow.

Right-hander Taylor Wulf (1-0) picked up his first victory as a Cane in relief of starter David Gutierrez, who allowed three runs, one of which was earned. Closer Kyle Bellamy picked up his fifth save with two scoreless innings to close out the game against the Cavaliers (19-1, 5-1).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...