Baseball

Canes rally, beat undefeated Cavaliers 4-3

After dropping the first of a three-game series on the road to No. 7 Virginia, the fourth-ranked Hurricanes rallied from a 3-0 deficit with a four-run seventh en route to a 4-3 win on Saturday afternoon at Davenport Field.

Shortstop Ryan Jackson’s two-run single proved to be the game winner for Miami (17-4, 6-2). Pinch hitter Ted Blackman also drove in a pair of runs earlier in the inning when he replaced Jonathan Weislow.

Right-hander Taylor Wulf (1-0) picked up his first victory as a Cane in relief of starter David Gutierrez, who allowed three runs, one of which was earned. Closer Kyle Bellamy picked up his fifth save with two scoreless innings to close out the game against the Cavaliers (19-1, 5-1).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...