Baseball

Canes rally, beat undefeated Cavaliers 4-3

After dropping the first of a three-game series on the road to No. 7 Virginia, the fourth-ranked Hurricanes rallied from a 3-0 deficit with a four-run seventh en route to a 4-3 win on Saturday afternoon at Davenport Field.

Shortstop Ryan Jackson’s two-run single proved to be the game winner for Miami (17-4, 6-2). Pinch hitter Ted Blackman also drove in a pair of runs earlier in the inning when he replaced Jonathan Weislow.

Right-hander Taylor Wulf (1-0) picked up his first victory as a Cane in relief of starter David Gutierrez, who allowed three runs, one of which was earned. Closer Kyle Bellamy picked up his fifth save with two scoreless innings to close out the game against the Cavaliers (19-1, 5-1).

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami became just the second Hurricanes playe ...

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team dropped the opening set befo ...

Miami track and field punched three more tickets to the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships on the final ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Former Miami women's basketball standout Emese Hof will begin her overseas professional career ...