Football

No. 1 recruit Bryce Brown backs out of Miami commitment, signs with Tennessee

brown_front

BRYCE BROWN // scout.com

Miami’s months-long pursuit of No. 1 rates recruit Bryce Brown has ended, as Brown announced this afternoon from the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame in his hometown of Wichita that he would be signing with the University of Tennessee and new head coach Lane Kiffin.

The relationship between Brown and the Hurricanes has deteriorated ever since early last month, when Brown didn’t sign with the Hurricanes and kept his recruitment open, despite being “committed” tto the Hurricanes. Officials from the school have said in recent weeks that the school ended their recruiting of Brown and would not be offering him a scholarship.

Bryce is the little brother of current Miami linebaker Arthur Brown. Arthur has said that he would like to see his brother in Coral Gables, but that he would support his decision.

Matthew Bunch

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...