Football

No. 1 recruit Bryce Brown backs out of Miami commitment, signs with Tennessee

brown_front

BRYCE BROWN // scout.com

Miami’s months-long pursuit of No. 1 rates recruit Bryce Brown has ended, as Brown announced this afternoon from the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame in his hometown of Wichita that he would be signing with the University of Tennessee and new head coach Lane Kiffin.

The relationship between Brown and the Hurricanes has deteriorated ever since early last month, when Brown didn’t sign with the Hurricanes and kept his recruitment open, despite being “committed” tto the Hurricanes. Officials from the school have said in recent weeks that the school ended their recruiting of Brown and would not be offering him a scholarship.

Bryce is the little brother of current Miami linebaker Arthur Brown. Arthur has said that he would like to see his brother in Coral Gables, but that he would support his decision.

Matthew Bunch

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...