Football

No. 1 recruit Bryce Brown backs out of Miami commitment, signs with Tennessee

brown_front

BRYCE BROWN // scout.com

Miami’s months-long pursuit of No. 1 rates recruit Bryce Brown has ended, as Brown announced this afternoon from the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame in his hometown of Wichita that he would be signing with the University of Tennessee and new head coach Lane Kiffin.

The relationship between Brown and the Hurricanes has deteriorated ever since early last month, when Brown didn’t sign with the Hurricanes and kept his recruitment open, despite being “committed” tto the Hurricanes. Officials from the school have said in recent weeks that the school ended their recruiting of Brown and would not be offering him a scholarship.

Bryce is the little brother of current Miami linebaker Arthur Brown. Arthur has said that he would like to see his brother in Coral Gables, but that he would support his decision.

Matthew Bunch

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...