Basketball

Miami basketball selected for NIT Tournament

Miami got denied the bid it wanted Sunday, but will still be playing postseason basketball.

The Canes will travel north to face an old Big East foe, as the National Invitational Tournament selection committee pitted Miami against the Providence Friars.

The game would normally be hosted by the higher-ranked team, but due to a conflict at the BankUnited Center, the No. 4 seeded Canes are traveling to Rhode Island to play the No. 5 seeded Friars. If Miami wins, they could face in-state rival Florida in Gainesville.

You can watch the game Wednesday at 7:30 on ESPN2 (campus channel 35).

Matthew Bunch

UM Rosenstiel School researchers monitor nutrient footprint from offshore aquaculture. ...

Daily protests are taking place in Puerto Rico, calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo Roselló. ...

How will the sentencing of “El Chapo” impact the drug trade out of Mexico? Bruce Bagley, a professor ...

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

Junior offensive lineman Navaughn Donaldson was among those players selected to the preseason watch ...

Jonathan Garvin and Shaq Quarterman were named to the watch list for another major defensive award T ...

A trio of Miami Hurricanes were named to the 2019 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Preseason Football T ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...