Basketball

Miami basketball selected for NIT Tournament

Miami got denied the bid it wanted Sunday, but will still be playing postseason basketball.

The Canes will travel north to face an old Big East foe, as the National Invitational Tournament selection committee pitted Miami against the Providence Friars.

The game would normally be hosted by the higher-ranked team, but due to a conflict at the BankUnited Center, the No. 4 seeded Canes are traveling to Rhode Island to play the No. 5 seeded Friars. If Miami wins, they could face in-state rival Florida in Gainesville.

You can watch the game Wednesday at 7:30 on ESPN2 (campus channel 35).

Matthew Bunch

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.