TAMPA for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Busch Gardens is a popular tourist destination in Tampa Bay, featuring in-park dining, tours, animal exhibits and a variety of rides. Among the rides offered are Gwazi, the southeast’s largest and fastest double wooden roller coaster, and SheiKra, Florida’s tallest roller coaster. Animal attractions range from the Bird Gardens and Rhino Rally to a walking tour featuring hippos, hyenas, meerkats, vultures and a Nile crocodile. A Latin festival, Viva La Musica, takes place every Sunday in March with Grammy and Latin Grammy-award winning acts performing salsa and merengue; admission is included in park admission.

For students who want to spend spring break traveling to different theme parks, a multi-park pass may be the best decision. Multi-park passes include unlimited admission to the desired parks for up to 14 days, with the least expensive option at $89.95, combining Sea World in Orlando and Busch Gardens. Single day admission to Busch Gardens can be purchased online for $59.95, and includes a second visit for free.

Busch Gardens will be open from 9 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. for the weekends of March 14-15 and March 21-22, and hours for March 16-20 are from 9:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.

Lauren Shepherd

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...