KEY WEST for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

A spring break classic, Key West continues to draw throngs of tourists to its sunny shores. More than three hours away, this famous key is approximately 154 miles from Coral Gables but seems a world apart. Trade the trendy South Beach gear for simple shorts and flip-flops, and don’t forget to try some key lime pie. A day trip to Key West would not be complete without a classic trolley tour, lunch and shopping on Duval Street, and catching some rays. Popular beaches include Smathers Beach and Higg’s Beach. From pirate tours to Mallory Square and Ernest Hemingway’s stomping grounds, there is always something interesting to do. Boating, snorkeling, diving, and fishing are also popular attractions. A variety of eco-tours such as kayaking and glass-bottomed boats are encouraged for nature lovers. On Key West there is an attraction for everyone, even if it is just enjoying a beautiful sunset.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...