KEY LARGO for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Only an hour south of Coral Gables, Key Largo is hailed for its magnificent coral reefs located only a few miles offshore. Beneath its clear blue waters, many interesting sights can be found. The Key Largo Undersea Park is home to the world’s only underwater hotel, Jules’ Undersea Lodge. Visitors can also spend the day at the park, diving and snorkeling in the lagoon and learning about the marine research done at the MarineLab underwater education habitat. Key Largo is home to other interesting sights, such as the Caribbean Shipwreck Museum, Florida Keys Wild Bird Center, and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. For those Bogart and Hepburn fans, the vessel used in filming The African Queen may be viewed and offers rides to tourists. End the day at the Caribbean Club Bar, the only Florida Keys location where filming for the movie Key Largo took place. Sit on their outdoor patio and enjoy a cold beverage while listening to local talent and recount the day’s adventures in Key Largo.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...