KEY LARGO for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Only an hour south of Coral Gables, Key Largo is hailed for its magnificent coral reefs located only a few miles offshore. Beneath its clear blue waters, many interesting sights can be found. The Key Largo Undersea Park is home to the world’s only underwater hotel, Jules’ Undersea Lodge. Visitors can also spend the day at the park, diving and snorkeling in the lagoon and learning about the marine research done at the MarineLab underwater education habitat. Key Largo is home to other interesting sights, such as the Caribbean Shipwreck Museum, Florida Keys Wild Bird Center, and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. For those Bogart and Hepburn fans, the vessel used in filming The African Queen may be viewed and offers rides to tourists. End the day at the Caribbean Club Bar, the only Florida Keys location where filming for the movie Key Largo took place. Sit on their outdoor patio and enjoy a cold beverage while listening to local talent and recount the day’s adventures in Key Largo.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...