BAHAMAS for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI 

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Experience the sparkling waters, decadent sands, and beautiful sunshine of the Bahamas – all on a college student’s budget aboard the Discovery Fun Day Cruise.

Departing at 7 a.m. and returning at 10 p.m. six days a week from Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, the cruise offers a relaxing and fun experience that is perfect for a spring break getaway.

The cruise docks in Freeport, Bahamas, for three hours, allowing plenty of time to enjoy a conch burger at one of the local restaurants and soak up some sun. Taxis transport passengers to Port Lucaya which offers shopping, restaurants and a beach.

Cruises start at $49.99 per person, plus a $20 port fee, and include breakfast and dinner buffets. Cabins are highly recommended to ensure comfort and privacy.

U.S. citizens can use an original birth certificate and valid photo identification but beginning June 1 passports will be mandatory.

For more information visit www.discoverycruiseline.com.

Ashley Torres

Senior EDGE Writer

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...