BAHAMAS for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI 

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Experience the sparkling waters, decadent sands, and beautiful sunshine of the Bahamas – all on a college student’s budget aboard the Discovery Fun Day Cruise.

Departing at 7 a.m. and returning at 10 p.m. six days a week from Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, the cruise offers a relaxing and fun experience that is perfect for a spring break getaway.

The cruise docks in Freeport, Bahamas, for three hours, allowing plenty of time to enjoy a conch burger at one of the local restaurants and soak up some sun. Taxis transport passengers to Port Lucaya which offers shopping, restaurants and a beach.

Cruises start at $49.99 per person, plus a $20 port fee, and include breakfast and dinner buffets. Cabins are highly recommended to ensure comfort and privacy.

U.S. citizens can use an original birth certificate and valid photo identification but beginning June 1 passports will be mandatory.

For more information visit www.discoverycruiseline.com.

Ashley Torres

Senior EDGE Writer

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...