BAHAMAS for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI 

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Experience the sparkling waters, decadent sands, and beautiful sunshine of the Bahamas – all on a college student’s budget aboard the Discovery Fun Day Cruise.

Departing at 7 a.m. and returning at 10 p.m. six days a week from Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, the cruise offers a relaxing and fun experience that is perfect for a spring break getaway.

The cruise docks in Freeport, Bahamas, for three hours, allowing plenty of time to enjoy a conch burger at one of the local restaurants and soak up some sun. Taxis transport passengers to Port Lucaya which offers shopping, restaurants and a beach.

Cruises start at $49.99 per person, plus a $20 port fee, and include breakfast and dinner buffets. Cabins are highly recommended to ensure comfort and privacy.

U.S. citizens can use an original birth certificate and valid photo identification but beginning June 1 passports will be mandatory.

For more information visit www.discoverycruiseline.com.

Ashley Torres

Senior EDGE Writer

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...