AMELIA ISLAND for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI  

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Amelia Island, just 45 minutes outside of Jacksonville, is hosting its annual automotive charity event, Concours d’Elégance, at the Ritz-Carlton during the first weekend of spring break. The event is a weekend full of auctions and competitions for rare vintage cars that have been restored to mint condition by their owners, with the purpose of supporting charity organizations such as Community Hospice. The cars compete for best in show as judged by a panel of automotive experts who base their scores on the exterior appearance of the car, rather than the internal mechanics. The cars are judged on quality of restoration, authenticity and style. Though many of the events for the weekend are expensive and exclusive to members, Concours also offers inexpensive activities and some that are open and free to the public. Prices range from free to $300. Car buffs, try not to drool while gawking at the hundreds of rare beauties lining up in the Ritz. For more information, visit www.ameliaconcours.org

Carey Goldenberg

Senior EDGE Writer

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...