AMELIA ISLAND for Spring Break

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI  

ILLUSTRATION BY LAURA PATRICELLI

Amelia Island, just 45 minutes outside of Jacksonville, is hosting its annual automotive charity event, Concours d’Elégance, at the Ritz-Carlton during the first weekend of spring break. The event is a weekend full of auctions and competitions for rare vintage cars that have been restored to mint condition by their owners, with the purpose of supporting charity organizations such as Community Hospice. The cars compete for best in show as judged by a panel of automotive experts who base their scores on the exterior appearance of the car, rather than the internal mechanics. The cars are judged on quality of restoration, authenticity and style. Though many of the events for the weekend are expensive and exclusive to members, Concours also offers inexpensive activities and some that are open and free to the public. Prices range from free to $300. Car buffs, try not to drool while gawking at the hundreds of rare beauties lining up in the Ritz. For more information, visit www.ameliaconcours.org

Carey Goldenberg

Senior EDGE Writer

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...