Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

Senior Murielle Ahoure won both the 60-meter and 200-meter dashes at the ACC championships this weekend at Virginia Tech’s Rector Field House.

Ahoure holds the nation’s fastest times in both events: 7.17 in the 60 meters and 23.14 in the 200 meters.

Junior Cory Nelms took the title in the 60-meter hurdles with a season-best time of 7.95 seconds. Junior Mikese Morse finished second in the long jump and triple jump. He broke a 17-year-old school record with a 7.90 m.

The team of junior Nene Kamate, sophomores Tameka Jameson and Ti’erra Brown and senior Ena Leufroy ran to a second-place finish in the 4×400-meter relay, crossing the line at 3:39.54.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...