Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

Senior Murielle Ahoure won both the 60-meter and 200-meter dashes at the ACC championships this weekend at Virginia Tech’s Rector Field House.

Ahoure holds the nation’s fastest times in both events: 7.17 in the 60 meters and 23.14 in the 200 meters.

Junior Cory Nelms took the title in the 60-meter hurdles with a season-best time of 7.95 seconds. Junior Mikese Morse finished second in the long jump and triple jump. He broke a 17-year-old school record with a 7.90 m.

The team of junior Nene Kamate, sophomores Tameka Jameson and Ti’erra Brown and senior Ena Leufroy ran to a second-place finish in the 4×400-meter relay, crossing the line at 3:39.54.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...