Sports Briefs

TRACK/FIELD

Senior Murielle Ahoure won both the 60-meter and 200-meter dashes at the ACC championships this weekend at Virginia Tech’s Rector Field House.

Ahoure holds the nation’s fastest times in both events: 7.17 in the 60 meters and 23.14 in the 200 meters.

Junior Cory Nelms took the title in the 60-meter hurdles with a season-best time of 7.95 seconds. Junior Mikese Morse finished second in the long jump and triple jump. He broke a 17-year-old school record with a 7.90 m.

The team of junior Nene Kamate, sophomores Tameka Jameson and Ti’erra Brown and senior Ena Leufroy ran to a second-place finish in the 4×400-meter relay, crossing the line at 3:39.54.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...