RSMAS Beats

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) is currently accepting entries for its annual underwater photography contest. The deadline of March 31 is fast approaching. The contest will be divided into three categories: fish or marine animal portrait, macro, and wide angle photography. In addition, RSMAS will also recognize the best UM student submission and the best overall submission. The top prize will be $300 dollars and a cruise departing from the Bahamas. The contest is open to all amateur photographers who earn no more than 20 percent of their income from their photography.

On Thursday, RSMAS announced that David Letson was elected chair of the Division of Marine Affairs and Policy. Letson has been part of the school for the past 14 years as a professor and participant in the multidisciplinary evaluation of climate forecasting. His research at RSMAS focuses on natural resource economics, particularly on extreme weather and climate variations.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...