Mango and Manny’s the U’s most popular restaurant

mangomanny2mwonline

A line forms in front of the food court's most popular spot, Mango and Manny's Marketplace. MATT WALLACH // Hurricane Staff

Walking by a jam-packed Rathskeller could lead some to believe that the lakeside restaurant is the University of Miami’s most popular, but recent findings by Auxiliary Services indicate that Mango and Manny’s, located in the UC food court, is the top dining option of choice.

Mango and Manny’s, which opened in the fall of 2007,  is a Caribbean-style restaurant that offers jerk chicken, Cuban sandwiches and rotisserie chicken.

Mel Tenen, assistant vice president of Auxiliary Services, pointed to the excellent food quality at a cheap price as the reason for Mango and Manny’s success.

“Mango and Manny’s is extremely popular. It has terrific price points on the four and five varieties of chop-chop,” Tenen said. “The demand for the chop-chop and the rotisserie chicken in addition to everything else at Mango and Manny’s is phenomenal.”

Mango and Manny’s offers its half rotisserie chicken with rice and beans for a mere $5.89. Its original chop-chop is only $3.49.

Quality food at reasonable prices are restaurant traits many students look for, especially in today’s economy.

“Their food is delicious, I really enjoy it,” freshman Sophia Schneider said. “I go twice a week, usually Monday and Wednesday.”

Although Mango and Manny’s is the top-dog of the food court, Mel Tenen said that there is another restaurant on its heels. “Wendy’s has taken a big upward jump this semester and we attribute that a lot to their value meals and their combo meals for the price-conscious consumer.”

Matt Reed

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...