Mango and Manny’s the U’s most popular restaurant

mangomanny2mwonline

A line forms in front of the food court's most popular spot, Mango and Manny's Marketplace. MATT WALLACH // Hurricane Staff

Walking by a jam-packed Rathskeller could lead some to believe that the lakeside restaurant is the University of Miami’s most popular, but recent findings by Auxiliary Services indicate that Mango and Manny’s, located in the UC food court, is the top dining option of choice.

Mango and Manny’s, which opened in the fall of 2007,  is a Caribbean-style restaurant that offers jerk chicken, Cuban sandwiches and rotisserie chicken.

Mel Tenen, assistant vice president of Auxiliary Services, pointed to the excellent food quality at a cheap price as the reason for Mango and Manny’s success.

“Mango and Manny’s is extremely popular. It has terrific price points on the four and five varieties of chop-chop,” Tenen said. “The demand for the chop-chop and the rotisserie chicken in addition to everything else at Mango and Manny’s is phenomenal.”

Mango and Manny’s offers its half rotisserie chicken with rice and beans for a mere $5.89. Its original chop-chop is only $3.49.

Quality food at reasonable prices are restaurant traits many students look for, especially in today’s economy.

“Their food is delicious, I really enjoy it,” freshman Sophia Schneider said. “I go twice a week, usually Monday and Wednesday.”

Although Mango and Manny’s is the top-dog of the food court, Mel Tenen said that there is another restaurant on its heels. “Wendy’s has taken a big upward jump this semester and we attribute that a lot to their value meals and their combo meals for the price-conscious consumer.”

Matt Reed

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...