Baseball

Canes sweep Gators, win 16-2

Senior right fielder Dave DiNatale went 4 for 6 with three RBI as the Hurricanes (6-1) broke open a 0-0 game with seven runs in the fourth to beat the Gators, 16-2, and earn the series sweep at McKethan Stadium in Gainesville, Fla.

Freshman center fielder Nathan Melendres and junior third baseman Chris Herrmann also collected three RBI each. Hermann and freshman first baseman Harold Martinez both homered as sophomore left-hander Iden Nazario pitched five innings of two-run ball with seven strikeouts.

Florida fell to 5-3.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...