Baseball

Canes sweep Gators, win 16-2

Senior right fielder Dave DiNatale went 4 for 6 with three RBI as the Hurricanes (6-1) broke open a 0-0 game with seven runs in the fourth to beat the Gators, 16-2, and earn the series sweep at McKethan Stadium in Gainesville, Fla.

Freshman center fielder Nathan Melendres and junior third baseman Chris Herrmann also collected three RBI each. Hermann and freshman first baseman Harold Martinez both homered as sophomore left-hander Iden Nazario pitched five innings of two-run ball with seven strikeouts.

Florida fell to 5-3.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami is closely monitoring the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Universit ...

A new study looks at how expectations create positive or negative emotions when academic grades are ...

Industrial engineering professor Nurcin Celik is developing technology that would allow local power ...

The Master of Professional Science in Urban Sustainability and Resilience, offered by the College of ...

University of Miami students and professors discuss the issues surrounding Clearview AI, a new softw ...