Basketball

Canes escape on the road, beat Cavaliers 62-55

Senior guard Jack McClinton scored below his season average of 20.1 points per game with just 11, but turned a two-point lead into five with less than a minute remaining as Miami escaped with an Atlantic Coast Conference road win over Virginia, 62-55, Thursday night at John Paul Jones Arena.

McClinton shot 3-of-10 from the field, while senior forward Brian Asbury notched a team-high 13 points. Sophomore guard Jeff Jones led UVA with 16 points.

The Hurricanes (17-10, 6-8) won their third straight in the series against the Cavs (9-15, 3-10).

Miami returns to the hardcourt for its final regular season road game next Wednesday to face Georgia Tech (10-16, 1-12) at 7:30 p.m.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...