Memorial service for Henry King Stanford to be held on Friday at 3 p.m. in Storer Auditorium

A memorial for the late Henry King Stanford, the third president of the University of Miami, will be held tomorrow at the Storer Auditorium in the University of Miami’s School of Business at 3 p.m.

In an event entitled, “A Beloved Leader, A Treasured Legacy,” students, members of the community and alumni have been invited to campus to remember how Stanford touched their lives as president.

“Dr. Stanford was deeply beloved by the university community,” UM president Donna E. Shalala said upon Stanford’s passing. “Many alumni and longtime faculty and staff members have told me about how he would walk around the campus and greet everyone, even during times of student unrest. His enthusiasm for the university was infectious.”

Stanford served as UM president from 1962 to 1981, the second-longest serving leader in school history. A residential college, the school’s main road and a merit scholarship are named in his honor.

For more information, visit the alumni association’s website at www.miami.edu/alumni or call 1-866-UMALUMS.

Matthew Bunch

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...