Memorial service for Henry King Stanford to be held on Friday at 3 p.m. in Storer Auditorium

A memorial for the late Henry King Stanford, the third president of the University of Miami, will be held tomorrow at the Storer Auditorium in the University of Miami’s School of Business at 3 p.m.

In an event entitled, “A Beloved Leader, A Treasured Legacy,” students, members of the community and alumni have been invited to campus to remember how Stanford touched their lives as president.

“Dr. Stanford was deeply beloved by the university community,” UM president Donna E. Shalala said upon Stanford’s passing. “Many alumni and longtime faculty and staff members have told me about how he would walk around the campus and greet everyone, even during times of student unrest. His enthusiasm for the university was infectious.”

Stanford served as UM president from 1962 to 1981, the second-longest serving leader in school history. A residential college, the school’s main road and a merit scholarship are named in his honor.

For more information, visit the alumni association’s website at www.miami.edu/alumni or call 1-866-UMALUMS.

Matthew Bunch

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...