Meg & Dia’s marathon tour brings them to South Florida

Meg & Dia have been on a marathon tour in support of their 2006 release Something Real for the past four years, but singer Dia Frampton says she does not regret it at all.

“There’s perks to it and there are things that are bad about it,” Dia said in an interview with The Miami Hurricane. “Of course I miss my family, and I miss my bed and having showers available, but I’ve seen almost all 50 states four or five times over and I’ve traveled and met tons of amazing people.”

The rock-infused pop band, which began with Dia and sister Meg, who plays guitar, now includes drummer Nick Price, guitarist Carlo Gimenez and bassist Jonathan Snyder. They gained much of their popularity from self-promotion on Web sites such as MySpace, Facebook and YouTube, yet Dia cited touring as the most effective way to connect with fans.

“Touring definitely helps getting your name out there in a much more organic way,” Dia said. “You can get out and meet people that listen to you and talk to them.”

Aside from performing on this year’s Take Action Tour with Cute is What We Aim For, Meg & Dia will also release a new album in April entitled Here, Here and Here which, according to Dia, will be very different from their first album.

Whereas the songs on Something Real were inspired mainly by books, Dia said this album is much more personal. It will be different from the “lit-core” many people have come to expect, with the songs focusing mainly on growing up, being on the road, and relationships.

“Whenever people ask what it’s about I say it’s almost like you’re opening my personal diary; sometimes it freaks me out how much I put on the table because it is very personal,” said Dia, laughing.

If You Go:

What: Meg & Dia

When: Sunday, March 1 at 6 p.m.

Where: Revolution, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale

Cost: $15

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

The Miami Hurricanes are usually off on Mondays. But today, the Canes (5-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Confe ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...