Meg & Dia’s marathon tour brings them to South Florida

Meg & Dia have been on a marathon tour in support of their 2006 release Something Real for the past four years, but singer Dia Frampton says she does not regret it at all.

“There’s perks to it and there are things that are bad about it,” Dia said in an interview with The Miami Hurricane. “Of course I miss my family, and I miss my bed and having showers available, but I’ve seen almost all 50 states four or five times over and I’ve traveled and met tons of amazing people.”

The rock-infused pop band, which began with Dia and sister Meg, who plays guitar, now includes drummer Nick Price, guitarist Carlo Gimenez and bassist Jonathan Snyder. They gained much of their popularity from self-promotion on Web sites such as MySpace, Facebook and YouTube, yet Dia cited touring as the most effective way to connect with fans.

“Touring definitely helps getting your name out there in a much more organic way,” Dia said. “You can get out and meet people that listen to you and talk to them.”

Aside from performing on this year’s Take Action Tour with Cute is What We Aim For, Meg & Dia will also release a new album in April entitled Here, Here and Here which, according to Dia, will be very different from their first album.

Whereas the songs on Something Real were inspired mainly by books, Dia said this album is much more personal. It will be different from the “lit-core” many people have come to expect, with the songs focusing mainly on growing up, being on the road, and relationships.

“Whenever people ask what it’s about I say it’s almost like you’re opening my personal diary; sometimes it freaks me out how much I put on the table because it is very personal,” said Dia, laughing.

If You Go:

What: Meg & Dia

When: Sunday, March 1 at 6 p.m.

Where: Revolution, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale

Cost: $15

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...