Names released in ZBT arrests

Police have released the names of the two UM students arrested in last week’s raid on the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity house.

Twenty-year old Robert Joseph Falk and 20-year old Mitchell Wade Pielet were arrested by Coral Gables police after an ongoing investigation into the sale and distribution of illegal drugs.

Falk was charged on four counts: two felony counts of sale and possession of cannabis, one felony count of possessing a contraband substance and one misdemeanor count of possessing drug paraphernalia. He was bonded out after having it set at $1000.

Pielet was charged with one count of sale and possession of cannabis, and bonded out after having it set at $7500.

According to the Miami-Dade Clerk of Courts website, both have a hearing on Mar. 12 at 9 a.m.

Matthew Bunch

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...