Sports Briefs

SWIMMING/DIVING

Junior diver Reuben Ross won both the one-meter and three-meter diving events and finished second in the 10-meter platform this weekend at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships at the Eppley Recreation Center Natatorium in College Park, Md.

In the women’s competition, senior Jenna Dreyer took second place in the three-meter event with a 382.80, behind Duke freshman Abby Johnston’s 414.45.

Junior Brittany Viola’s quest for consecutive sweeps at ACC’s was denied as she finished third. She did win the one-meter springboard and 10-meter platform to defend her crown in those events.

As a team, UM finished eighth and swimmers notched NCAA “B” cut times in the 200 breaststroke by senior Britta Boesing and the 400 and 800 freestyle relay teams.

Freshman Dana Hatic marked a qualifying time in the 100-meter breaststroke and sophomore Annika Saarnak matched one in the 200-meter freestyle.

VOLLEYBALL

Freshman outside hitter Lane Carico was one of 30 volleyball players named to the 2008 All-ACC Academic Volleyball Team on Friday by ACC Commissioner John D. Swofford.

On the year, the business major averaged 3.59 digs per set and tallied a team-leading 16 double-doubles. She also led the Hurricanes in kills (369), service aces (35) and points (433).

To be eligible for consideration, a student-athlete must have earned a 3.00 grade point average for the previous semester and maintained a 3.00 cumulative average during her academic career.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...