Sports Briefs

SWIMMING/DIVING

Junior diver Reuben Ross won both the one-meter and three-meter diving events and finished second in the 10-meter platform this weekend at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships at the Eppley Recreation Center Natatorium in College Park, Md.

In the women’s competition, senior Jenna Dreyer took second place in the three-meter event with a 382.80, behind Duke freshman Abby Johnston’s 414.45.

Junior Brittany Viola’s quest for consecutive sweeps at ACC’s was denied as she finished third. She did win the one-meter springboard and 10-meter platform to defend her crown in those events.

As a team, UM finished eighth and swimmers notched NCAA “B” cut times in the 200 breaststroke by senior Britta Boesing and the 400 and 800 freestyle relay teams.

Freshman Dana Hatic marked a qualifying time in the 100-meter breaststroke and sophomore Annika Saarnak matched one in the 200-meter freestyle.

VOLLEYBALL

Freshman outside hitter Lane Carico was one of 30 volleyball players named to the 2008 All-ACC Academic Volleyball Team on Friday by ACC Commissioner John D. Swofford.

On the year, the business major averaged 3.59 digs per set and tallied a team-leading 16 double-doubles. She also led the Hurricanes in kills (369), service aces (35) and points (433).

To be eligible for consideration, a student-athlete must have earned a 3.00 grade point average for the previous semester and maintained a 3.00 cumulative average during her academic career.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...