Hurriqueen: What to do about my oversized libido?

NOTE: Portions of this question have been redacted, due to concerns over offensive subject matter.

Dear Hurriqueen,

I have a big problem that plays a major role in my daily life. I love sex and I just can’t get enough of it. When I’ve just had it, I already feel like having it again. Sex is on my mind 24/7 and this is actually nothing bad despite the fact that I am a young white woman and not a man. I would be considered a ho if I would really live out my sex life the way I want to – while having NO partner. Solution desperately needed.

– Desperate nymphomaniac

Dear Reader,
First off, everyone wants sex. You say you love it so much that it plays a major role in your life without posing a major problem. That’s fine. As long as you’re having safe sex with clean and tested partners, I don’t see a problem either. But if you’re using Facebook as a booty call, if you’re rolling out of a stranger’s dorm room in the same clothes you wore to the club the night before, if you’re doing it like they did it in the 1970s, well sweetie, you actually do have a problem.

You seem to take concern with your status as a white and single woman who might be considered a “ho.” I could care less if you’re purple or orange – that has nothing to do with this. As for your status as a woman, I just want to make sure that you realize you’re vulnerable to being taken advantage of in horrible ways and that you have a lot more to lose (or gain) from your sexcapades than a guy does. Download “Papa Don’t Preach” if you don’t catch my drift.

XOXO,
The Hurriqueen

Note: Dear Readers, whether you have enjoyed this column or not, I hope it has been thought-provoking. Recently, the editor and I have had differences in the direction that this column has taken. I have been asked to limit the social issues that it addresses. I have always been willing to edit language to make it appropriate for all readers. However, I can no longer write this column if I am asked to delete portions of your questions so as to avoid commentary on important social issues. Thank you for your questions, comments and feedback the last two years.

The Hurriqueen

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Extremely involved and passionate about UM, she served as a trustee for 21 years, beginning in 1997. ...

The University of Miami’s emergency management team is working to create a disaster resilient Univer ...

University of Miami Police and the Department of Parking and Transportation provide various services ...

The number of students applying for Study Abroad has increased dramatically, with Europe being the m ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...