Hurriqueen: What to do about my oversized libido?

NOTE: Portions of this question have been redacted, due to concerns over offensive subject matter.

Dear Hurriqueen,

I have a big problem that plays a major role in my daily life. I love sex and I just can’t get enough of it. When I’ve just had it, I already feel like having it again. Sex is on my mind 24/7 and this is actually nothing bad despite the fact that I am a young white woman and not a man. I would be considered a ho if I would really live out my sex life the way I want to – while having NO partner. Solution desperately needed.

– Desperate nymphomaniac

Dear Reader,
First off, everyone wants sex. You say you love it so much that it plays a major role in your life without posing a major problem. That’s fine. As long as you’re having safe sex with clean and tested partners, I don’t see a problem either. But if you’re using Facebook as a booty call, if you’re rolling out of a stranger’s dorm room in the same clothes you wore to the club the night before, if you’re doing it like they did it in the 1970s, well sweetie, you actually do have a problem.

You seem to take concern with your status as a white and single woman who might be considered a “ho.” I could care less if you’re purple or orange – that has nothing to do with this. As for your status as a woman, I just want to make sure that you realize you’re vulnerable to being taken advantage of in horrible ways and that you have a lot more to lose (or gain) from your sexcapades than a guy does. Download “Papa Don’t Preach” if you don’t catch my drift.

XOXO,
The Hurriqueen

Note: Dear Readers, whether you have enjoyed this column or not, I hope it has been thought-provoking. Recently, the editor and I have had differences in the direction that this column has taken. I have been asked to limit the social issues that it addresses. I have always been willing to edit language to make it appropriate for all readers. However, I can no longer write this column if I am asked to delete portions of your questions so as to avoid commentary on important social issues. Thank you for your questions, comments and feedback the last two years.

The Hurriqueen

Advice Columnist

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...