Hurriqueen: What to do about my oversized libido?

NOTE: Portions of this question have been redacted, due to concerns over offensive subject matter.

Dear Hurriqueen,

I have a big problem that plays a major role in my daily life. I love sex and I just can’t get enough of it. When I’ve just had it, I already feel like having it again. Sex is on my mind 24/7 and this is actually nothing bad despite the fact that I am a young white woman and not a man. I would be considered a ho if I would really live out my sex life the way I want to – while having NO partner. Solution desperately needed.

– Desperate nymphomaniac

Dear Reader,
First off, everyone wants sex. You say you love it so much that it plays a major role in your life without posing a major problem. That’s fine. As long as you’re having safe sex with clean and tested partners, I don’t see a problem either. But if you’re using Facebook as a booty call, if you’re rolling out of a stranger’s dorm room in the same clothes you wore to the club the night before, if you’re doing it like they did it in the 1970s, well sweetie, you actually do have a problem.

You seem to take concern with your status as a white and single woman who might be considered a “ho.” I could care less if you’re purple or orange – that has nothing to do with this. As for your status as a woman, I just want to make sure that you realize you’re vulnerable to being taken advantage of in horrible ways and that you have a lot more to lose (or gain) from your sexcapades than a guy does. Download “Papa Don’t Preach” if you don’t catch my drift.

XOXO,
The Hurriqueen

Note: Dear Readers, whether you have enjoyed this column or not, I hope it has been thought-provoking. Recently, the editor and I have had differences in the direction that this column has taken. I have been asked to limit the social issues that it addresses. I have always been willing to edit language to make it appropriate for all readers. However, I can no longer write this column if I am asked to delete portions of your questions so as to avoid commentary on important social issues. Thank you for your questions, comments and feedback the last two years.

The Hurriqueen

Advice Columnist

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...