Hurriqueen: What to do about my oversized libido?

NOTE: Portions of this question have been redacted, due to concerns over offensive subject matter.

Dear Hurriqueen,

I have a big problem that plays a major role in my daily life. I love sex and I just can’t get enough of it. When I’ve just had it, I already feel like having it again. Sex is on my mind 24/7 and this is actually nothing bad despite the fact that I am a young white woman and not a man. I would be considered a ho if I would really live out my sex life the way I want to – while having NO partner. Solution desperately needed.

– Desperate nymphomaniac

Dear Reader,
First off, everyone wants sex. You say you love it so much that it plays a major role in your life without posing a major problem. That’s fine. As long as you’re having safe sex with clean and tested partners, I don’t see a problem either. But if you’re using Facebook as a booty call, if you’re rolling out of a stranger’s dorm room in the same clothes you wore to the club the night before, if you’re doing it like they did it in the 1970s, well sweetie, you actually do have a problem.

You seem to take concern with your status as a white and single woman who might be considered a “ho.” I could care less if you’re purple or orange – that has nothing to do with this. As for your status as a woman, I just want to make sure that you realize you’re vulnerable to being taken advantage of in horrible ways and that you have a lot more to lose (or gain) from your sexcapades than a guy does. Download “Papa Don’t Preach” if you don’t catch my drift.

XOXO,
The Hurriqueen

Note: Dear Readers, whether you have enjoyed this column or not, I hope it has been thought-provoking. Recently, the editor and I have had differences in the direction that this column has taken. I have been asked to limit the social issues that it addresses. I have always been willing to edit language to make it appropriate for all readers. However, I can no longer write this column if I am asked to delete portions of your questions so as to avoid commentary on important social issues. Thank you for your questions, comments and feedback the last two years.

The Hurriqueen

Advice Columnist

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...