Arts and Sciences Dean finalist in William and Mary’s provost search

halleran2

DEAN MICHAEL R. HALLERAN

Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences Michael R. Halleran is one of three finalists for the soon-to-be-open position of provost at the College of William and Mary, according to the school’s website.

Halleran came to the university in July 2005 from the University of Washington, where he was a divisional dean of arts and humanities and professor of classics. He was the second academic dean hired by president Donna E. Shalala (Comm School Dean Sam Grogg was hired in April 2005). Under his leadership, the college added the George Feldenkreis Program in Judaic Studies and renovated the Cox Science Center.

Halleran declined to comment on the possible hiring, citing the ongoing nature of the process. He did confirm that he will be visiting the school next week. According to William and Mary, that will take place on Feb. 26 and 27.

Matthew Bunch

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...